15 YEARS WARRANTY AND OUR EXCLUSIVE RENOVATION SERVICE
Our mattresses are covered by a 15 years warranty against sprint breakage. Please go to www.midsummer.com to register your mattress and activate the warranty.
But our mattresses can last a lifetime if taken care of properly.
To this end we offer an exclusive renovation service for our older items which restores them to a nearly new condition. The service consists of taking the mattress apart, airing the natural materials for an appropriate amount of time, re-carding them to restore the initial softness, substituting any damaged springs (a very unlikely occurrence) and putting everything together again with a new cover.
After this your mattress will be like new and will be covered by a further 15 years warranty.
You will continue to enjoy the comfort of your mattress knowing that you have given a small contribution to the circular economy: you mattress will not end up in a landfill.
The customer will pay shipping and return to Italy and a flat fee of 20% of the initial cost to cover labour and the replacement cover.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
A Midsummer mattress is a great investment in both the materials and the sleep quality. We remind that regular maintenance of bedding ensures that your mattress can last over time.
Your bed adapts to your needs
A Midsummer mattress is constructed of completely natural materials such as cotton, linen, horsehair, and wool that conform to sleeping habits and body shape. When the mattress is used, the material is compressed and the thickness of the used surfaces may be diminished over time.
Upon the arrival of your mattress, you could notice a light odor, that is perfectly normal as it is because of the natural materials. The odor will fade away in a few weeks.
Our Midsummer mattresses are crafted from natural materials, which are heavier than artificial materials. For this reason, we advise using caution when handling them. After the removal of the cardboard box, the mattress must be transported in the cellophane or the cotton bag with the utmost care. Please do not use the mattress handles.
As the mattress is fully handcrafted, it could present seam inaccuracies.
- Do not use solvents or chemicals on the fabric.
- Turn the mattress over (upside down) during winter and summer seasons as Midsummer mattresses have two sides one for the winter and one for the summer. Also rotate the mattress (head-feet) once a week for the first three months, then at least twice a month after that.
- Carry the mattress in a flat position. The springs are liable to collapse if the mattress is transported in an upright position. Should this has happened the mattress will return to its original dimensions after a few weeks of regular use.
- Do not place the mattress on an unsuitable bed frame.
- Do not jump on the bed.
- Avoid using an iron or hair dryer on the mattress’ fabric.
- To eliminate dust, brush lightly or use a low-powered vacuum cleaner.
- To sanitize the mattress, do not use steam vaporisers or steam sterilisers. This sort of care does not cure the mite problem. However, it impacts consistency and longevity of the product. The fabric must never be wet, washed with water or ironed.
- Place the mattress directly on a ventilated support.
- Electric blankets should not be used since they may impair the product's uniformity and durability.
- It is good practice to protect the product with a good quality mattress cover
- Remove the packaging at the latest one day after the delivery, otherwise open the package to allow normal perspiration, avoid condensation and stagnation of humidity.
- A time of adaptation is always required when purchasing a new mattress. It's typical to take a few weeks or longer to adjust to your new mattress, especially if you have been sleeping on something else for a long period
- The flakes on your mattress serve to keep the padding securely in place. They're made to break when put under a lot of pressure, but they are easy to replace.
We encourage you to thoroughly examine all items upon receipt. If there is a problem with your order, contact our Customer Service within 5 days of receipt via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If an item you receive is damaged, defective or incorrect, we will take it back and pay for related shipping fees within 10 days of receipt, and send you a replacement.
The return process involves taking a picture of the incorrect, damaged or defective item, filing a claim with Customer Service sending a mail to email@example.com, and coordinating repackaging and return. Any returned item must be in new condition and in its original packaging.
If you change your mind about an item or are unsatisfied with the item brought from an authorized dealer, within the first 10 days following delivery, we will refund the original merchandise price of the item in the form of a store credit, less any shipping fees. You will also be responsible for return shipping fees and a restocking charge equal to 15% of the original purchase price.
Above return policy does not apply to custom mattresses with non standard measures or custom paddings.
Return requests must be initiated within 10 business days from the date of delivery and, after approval, return shipping must be confirmed within the following 10 business days.
We package our shipments very carefully in order to insure their safe arrival, so it is best to keep the original packing materials, original receipt and all labels/tags for any item that you decide to return. If any part of the original packing material is damaged during the delivery process, you will have to provide supplementary material to compensate. Specific informations will be provided upon return approval.